1/4" seam. RS = right sides.
1. Measure the outside basket dimensions:
• Base, width ______ & length ______
• Top Edge, width ____ & length ______
• Height of basket = ______ + 2"
2. Cut 1 base (Width x length);
• 2 short sides(Top edge width x height) &
• 2 long sides: (Top edge length x height).
3. To cut pieces for tapered basket sides, use the following formula: Top edge width – base width ÷ 2 = amount to mark in at lower edge of each side piece. Draw an angled line from this mark to top edge corner; cut along line.
4. Mark in 1/4” at each corner. Stitch lower edge of each side to base RST, starting & stopping at corner mark. From right side of PUL only, lightly press seams towards sides. Starting at base corner stitching, stitch sides RS together. Trim base corner. Press side seams open from fabric side.
5. At top edge of long side pieces, mark center at handle position. Cut 2" slit at mark. Make 1/8" clips on each side at bottom of slit. Fold slit edges under 1/8" & from RS of PUL, press to fuse.
6. Mark top edge 1" for each side of all corner seams. On fabric side of PUL, starting on left side of one handle slit, position ruffled elastic along edge with 13?4 " extending beyond slit. Fold 1" of extended elastic to underside forming a 3/4" tab.
7. Without stretching elastic, stitchwide zigzag down center of elastic, stopping at next 1" mark at corner seam. With needle in down position, measure 1" of elastic from needle & stretch across seam line to next mark, then stitch elastic to gather corner.
8. Continue stitching without stretching to next mark. Repeat corner gathering. At slit, cut elastic 1/4" beyond slit; fold under, then stitch to end. Continue attaching elastic to remaining edges following steps 6-8.
9. At slits, attach snap cap & socket to tabs then attach cap & stud to elastic on corresponding edge. Place liner in basket, fold over edges & fasten snaps.
10. For bow, cut ribbon & ruffled elastic into fifteen 3" pieces each. Use Fray Check™ on ends. Allow to dry.
11. Wax thread several times with beeswax. Tie large knot 4" from end & thread needle. Fold ribbon & elastic pieces in half & thread on needle 1/8" from cut ends. Fold 12" piece of elastic in half & thread on needle near fold. Loop thread ends together & tie knot to form bow. Tie to basket with long elastic ends.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>