Linen Pom Pom Cowl
Supplies & Tools:
- 1/2 yd 58" linen or other fabric with nice draping qualities
- 4 yds pompom trim
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
*RS = Right sides. WS = Wrong sides.
- Straighten the cut or raw edges of fabric if not cut straight. The length of the cowl neck will be the total width of the
fabric from selvage to selvage.
- Press one of the raw edges in 1" toward the WS. Press again to WS 1".
- Place pompom trim along folded edge so pompoms extend beyond the edge. Stop trim 1/2" from selvage edges.
- Fold the bottom of the doubled 1" fold in half so it covers the tape of the trim. Pin in place.
- Using a zipper foot, stitch along the outside fold of the folded linen. Be careful not to catch the pompoms.
- Stitch the inner edge of the fold. Repeat Steps 2-6 for the opposite side.
- RS together, pin the selvage edges together. Stitch using a 5/8" seam allowance. Press seams open.
- Edge stitch the seam allowance down.
- Turn cowl RS out and press. Wear seam at center back