1. Measure the distance around waist. Measure the distance from the waist down to where the skirt length will end.
2. Fold the fabric in half vertically and in half horizontally.
3. Take the waist measurement, minus 1” and divide by 6. Using this measurement and starting at the folded corner of the fabric measure out along the folded edge. Place a pin at the mark. Keeping the ruler or measuring tape stationary at the folded corner of the fabric move the marked end over from the edge a 1/2" and place another pin. Keep repeating this process until reaching the other edge of the folded fabric and there is a nice arc made of pins. This will be for the waist.
4. Move the measuring tape or ruler to the pin on the folded edge. From the pin measure down the length that is desired for the skirt. Follow the waist pin line around measuring from the waist down creating an arc similar to the waist arc. (Only much larger). This will be the bottom of the skirt.
5. Cut along both the waist pin line and the pin line at the bottom of the skirt. The skirt is now formed.
6. Cut elastic 1” smaller than the waist measurement, and sew ends together to form a circle.
7. Place elastic in 4 equal quadrants and pin on the top of the skirt.
8. Sew elastic in place.
9. Hand hem the skirt.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>