Little Girl's Doodle Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity® pattern #1785
- Doodles Collection fabric: See fabric yardage on pattern envelope for headband, leggings & tunic top
- 1/4 yd. Stitch Witchery®
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
All seams are 5/8" unless noted.
1. Follow pattern instructions for leggings.
2. Follow pattern instructions for top with the exception, shorten sleeve pattern 2" for a 3/4 sleeve. Measure up 4" at hem line of the top to make side slits.
3. Follow pattern instruction for hem and hem side slits.
4. Headband: Measure head circumference and cut fabric on crossgrain by 5". Fold headband in half lengthwise and sew seam, leaving an opening for turning. Turn right side out. Pull ends together through opening and sew together. Hand stitch opening closed.
5. Cut 2 squares of headband fabric, press Stitchery Witchery® between fabrics. Cut out 4 birds and attach to the headband.