Live, Love, Laugh Wall Plaques
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 Wood plaques: 2 rectangular, 1 oval
- 3 Wood words: Live, Laugh, Love
- Paper: dots, double-sided stripe, floral
- FolkArt Metallic Solid Bronze Paint
- Self-adhesive ribbons
- 3 Buttons
- Tacky glue
- Brown inkpad
- 1 Skein floss
- X-Acto knife
- Glue stick
- Small hole punch
- Paint the words and the plaques - back, front and edges. Let dry completely.
- Live: Cut a rectangle of striped paper a bit smaller than the size of the plaque. Tear a piece of dot paper, white torn edge visible, and attach to left edge of striped paper. Trim edges to fit plaque. Ink all edges. Position the paper over the plaque and line up directly beneath the wire coils. With an X-Acto knife, make 2 short slices in the top edge of the paper, in order to slide the paper up. Check the fit, then remove the paper. Punch a small hole at the end of each slice for a smooth fit. Apply glue to the back of the paper and to the plaque; attach paper to the plaque, smoothing edges and around wire coils.
- Cut a flower from the floral paper and attach to right half of Live plaque. Cut a small dot flower and place it on top. Tie floss through the holes of the button and tie off. Glue to flower center. Glue word to plaque.
- Laugh: Attach a piece of torn dot paper, white torn edge visible, to a piece of solid brown paper (reverse side of striped paper). Trace the oval plaque on the back of paper and cut out, so that the paper oval is slightly smaller than the plaque. Ink all edges. Fit the paper under the wire coils, cut slices and punch holes as for previous plaque. Apply glue and attach. Cut 2 flowers, tie floss through button, and attach all to plaque. Glue word to plaque.
- Love: Cover plaque with striped and dot paper as shown, no white edge is visible. Ink the edges, cut slices and punch holes. Glue paper to plaque. Cut flowers, tie string through button and attach all to plaque. Glue word to plaque.
- Cut three 6" lengths of striped ribbon and three 6" lengths of dot ribbon. Peel off self-adhesive covering, an inch at a time, and attach the two ribbons back-to-back. Tie onto wire hangers, and trim edges.