Lively Leaves Table Runner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Jacquard Textile Paints, 1 jar each: Yellow, Orange, Ruby Red, Sky Blue, Apple Green, Black, White
- Rectangular piece of white fabric or store-purchased white table runner in size desired
- Mixing palette or cups
- Air erasable marker
- Applicator bottle with metal tip
- Lay out ironed fabric or table runner on covered work surface.
- Lightly sketch design using an air erasable marker. Refer to photo.
- Create an olive green color by mixing apple green, orange and white. Paint half of each leaf olive green.
- Create a yellow ochre color by mixing yellow, apple green, orange and white. Paint the other half of the leaves.
- Create a brown by mixing apple green and orange to paint the stems.
- Create a bright green for the veins of the leaves by mixing apple green, white, and yellow.
- For the end design, the pattern color is created by mixing white, ruby red, and a little yellow. The background is created by mixing white and sky blue.
- With black in an applicator bottle, outline all of the shapes so they stand out.
- Heat set as directed on the bottle.
- If fabric was used for the project, hem the edges for a finished runner.