SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. Spandex fabric
- 4" Velcro®
- Paper for pattern
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
All seams are 1/2" unless noted.
- Cut a rectangle pattern out of paper 13" x 14". Shape the hood by making a curve line, dipping in the top front curving down the back to the bottom of hood, slightly curving in to fit the back of the neck.
- To make the face part of the hood, starting at the top curve in 3" half way and curving out to the bottom chin area.
- There will be 5 rows of spikes. One at the center, two on each side. Mark a line for the seam to add spikes by starting down 1" at top front curving of crown and down to the neck ending 2” from center back seam. Cut apart and add seam allowance. For lower side spikes seam, mark measure 2" from the front curving a line 9" long. Cut part, this will include a 1/4" seam allowance. Cut 4 pieces of top and the side hood.
- For spikes: Measure the length of center top to the back of neck, side seams. Cut 2 strips each to sit into seams x 4” high, marking spikes by making spikes 3" high x 3-1/4" long, leaving a 1/2" seam allowance to sew into hood. Sew spikes right sides together, turn and stuff lightly. Sew into seams at center seam, sides.
- Crown insert: This is to shape the back of the head inside the lining and hood. Cut 2 pieces 7" x 11-1/2". Create an elongated circle, sew together and stuff slightly. Sew to the inside crown seams to secure.