SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 24"x36" rug canvas
- Cotton locker hooking twine
- Locker hook
- Wool suiting fabric in 3 colors: Dark, Medium, Light
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
- Red permanent marker/pencil
- Cut rug canvas to 29"x22".
- Cut wool suiting into 1/2" strips with rotary cutter on cutting mat.
- Fold over 2 squares on all sides of the rug canvas. Finished rug will be 28"x21".
- Use the locker hook to whip stitch around all sides of the rug canvas with the darkest color fabric strips. Secure the end of the strip as in all locker hooking projects.
- Make 3"x3"; 7"x7" & 1-1/2"x1-1/2" cardstock templates.
- Using the templates, mark pattern on the canvas with the red permanent marker. Arrange 7" squares in a grid on the canvas and use the smaller templates to form squares inside the larger squares. Arrange the inside squares as desired.
- Locker hook rug using the wool strips while alternating colors. Secure ends on back side of rug.