SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 balls Fun Fur® yarn: Champagne
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Lion Brand® Yarn Knit & Weave Loom Kit
12 stitches = 4"
EXACT GAUGE IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO THIS PROJECT.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4" square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
1. Follow loom manual instructions for SINGLE KNITTING for how to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
2. Once you've cast on, work back and forth in rows.
3. Scarf is knit on only one side of the loom. The loom is configured into a rectangle to make it easier to hold.
4. Due to the nature of working with Fun Fur, Scarf will stretch and change size once removed from the loom.
Use the following pieces: (2) 36-hole pieces and (2) U-shaped pieces.
Connect pieces to form a rectangle as follows: 36-hole piece > U-shaped piece > 36-hole piece > U-shaped piece.
Insert 18 large pegs into every other hole along one 36-hole piece, beginning with one large contrast color peg on right hand side - 18 large working pegs placed.
Insert small pegs into connecting hole to hold loom together.
Following loom manual instructions for single knitting, cast onto the 18 working pegs.
Row 1: Skip 1 stitch, knit to end of row.
Row 2: Skip 1 stitch, purl across to last stitch, knit last stitch.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures about 68" from beginning. Bind off.
Thread yarn ends into yarn needle provided with loom, weave ends into the fabric of the Scarf.