Loom Knitted Turban Cinched with Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Boye®/MD Round Loom and loom hook: 30-peg loom for child; 36-peg loom for teen or adult.
- Lion Brand® Jiffy (3 oz, 135 yds) – 1 skein Dark Grey Heather
- Simplicity®/MD Trim of choice.
- Tapestry needle
- Sewing needle & thread to match decorative trim
- Tape measure
Child, Teen and Adult. Size is determined by the number of pegs on the loom and the type of yarn used.
Note: Two strands of yarn are held together throughout.
1. Divide skein into two approximately equal balls.
2. Holding two strands together, cast on all pegs using e-wrap cast on.
3. Knit 21 rows.
4. At the end of Row 21 with only one loop on each peg, cut yarn leaving a 24” tail.
5. Thread yarn tails onto tapestry needle.
6. Starting with peg 1, insert the needle into the loop and pull the yarn tail through while removing loop from peg.
7. Repeat Step 2 until all loops are secured on the yarn tail.
8. Gently stretch the project so it will fit on head comfortably while being careful that none of the loops fall off the yarn tail.
9. Secure the loops by using the tail to sew the first and last loop together. Fasten off. Weave in both the ending and beginning yarn tails.
10. Allow the edges to roll naturally to make an attractive border.
11. Wrap decorative trim around turban to hide the beginning and ending spot and cinch until rolled edges are almost touching. Tuck raw ends of trim under on inside of turban. Sew in place with needle and thread.