Loom Woven Eyeglass Case
About 3-1/2" x6-1/2" (9 x 16.5 cm), after folding and seaming.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Bonbons, Pastels, 1 pack or color of choice
- Martha Stewart Craftstm/Mc Lion Brand® Yarn Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Sewing needle & thread
1. Warp is set up and weft is woven using multiple colors. Follow Warp Color Sequence and Weft Color Sequence for how to set up rows.
2. All warping and weaving is done with 3 strands of yarn held together.
3. Wind each ball of yarn into 3 separate balls before beginning.
1. Use the following pieces: (2) 36-hole pieces, (2) 6-hole pieces, (4) corner pieces.
2. Connect pieces to form a rectangle as follows: 36-hole piece > corner piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece > 36-hole piece > corner piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece.
3. Insert 41 small pegs into each long side and 11 small pegs into each short side of assembled loom – 104 working pegs placed.
4. Insert a contrast color small peg in upper right hand corner for slip knot.
Pale Pink (A)
Sky Blue (D)
Light Green (F)
Medium Blue (H)
Follow loom manual instructions on WEAVING for how to set up the warp, weave the weft, and remove weaving from the loom.
WARP COLOR SEQUENCE:
Set up the warp across the 11 pegs on short sides of the loom as follows:
Warp 4 pegs with 3 strands of A
Warp 3 pegs with 3 strands of B
Warp 4 pegs with 3 strands of C
WEFT COLOR SEQUENCE:
Weave weft with 3 strands of yarn held together across the 41 pegs placed along each long side of loom, changing color as follows:
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of D
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of E
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of C
Weave 6 rows with 3 strands of F
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of B
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of G
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of A
Weave 5 rows with 3 strands of H
Fold piece in half to make Case.
Thread yarn needle provided with loom with 2 strands of C and whip stitch long sides of Case together. With the same needle, thread yarn ends through to inside of Case.
With sewing needle and thread, sew ends of yarn to inside of Case.