SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola®:Construction paperWashable Kids’ Paint in Neon, Glitter & MetallicMetallic markersSchool glueScissors
1. Using Crayola Washable Paint and Markers draw/paint designs on both sides of construction paper. Allow to dry.
2. Use Crayola Scissors to cut out 2 strips across the width of the designed paper. One strip should be wider than the other. Use a ruler to measure so the wide strip is about 2-1/2" wide and the narrow strip is about 1-1/2" inches wide.
3. To make the bird’s head, cut away about 2" from the narrower strip and roll it into a loop. Use Crayola school glue, tape, or a stapler to keep the loop closed. Tape or a stapler will work, too.
4. To make the bird’s body roll the wider strip into a loop. Glue, tape or staple the loop closed.
5. Attach one loop to the other with glue.
6. Cut two wing shapes (like very fat upper case Ds) from the designed paper. Snip a slit in the flat end of the wing where it will attach to the bird’s body. Fold one edge of the slit over the other and glue to make a wing shape. Attach one wing to each side.
7. Cut tail feathers, eyes, beaks and feet from the deigned paper and attach to the body and head with glue. Allow to dry.