SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fine art canvas
- Paint: light blue, dark blue, black and light green
- Paintbrushes: 1/2" flat, small round
- Floral applique of choice
- Tracing/transfer paper
- Monogram to trace
1. Paint entire canvas with light blue paint.
2. While the paint on the canvas is still wet, brush in some of the darker blue shade, blending slightly, but not completely. The edges of the canvas should be a concentration of the darker shade. Blend into the side edges of the canvas. Allow to dry.
3. Paint a decorative line pattern on the canvas and the edge tabs in black paint. This may be done freehand.
4. Add floral applique of choice for extra dimension.
5. Choose a monogram on the computer. Increase the size to several inches tall and print in a pale gray ink tone onto paper. Trace the monogram onto the canvas, using tracing paper. Paint inside the lines with black paint.