Love Grows Here Palette
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden palette
- Home Décor chalk: Java, Parisian Grey, Castle, Adirondack White
- Flat 2" paintbrush
- Detailed brush
- Computer & printer (optional)
- Paint the first layer on all side with Parisian Grey. Allow to dry.
- Using a dry brush, lightly brush on the next layer Castle on all sides. Allow to dry.
- Using a dry brush, lightly brush on the next layer of Adirondack, allowing the other colors to show through.
- Brush a very light layer of the Java in small areas. Allow to dry.
- Brush on a very thin sparse top layer of the Adirondack and Parisian Grey, alternating the two colors.
- Print a phrase from a computer and trace it onto the largest panel or draw the phrase freehand with a pencil.
- Using the small detailed brush and Java chalk finish paint, paint over the phrase to give it a printed feel.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted 8.5 x 11 sheets of paperstock that coordinate together
- 1- Piece of 1” wide cotton ribbon (cream) 24” in length
- x-acto knife
- Straight edge
- Cutting surface
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Draw on the backside of one of the sheets of paper a triangle that is 6” tall from the
center tip to the top edge. The triangle should be on a 30-degree angle and not a 45-
2. Using your x-acto knife and straight edge, cut out the triangle.
3. Fold the top edge from the front side to the backside about 1” from the top edge.
4. This is where it will fold over the ribbon.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until you have made 4 triangles.
6. Lay the triangles facedown on a flat surface.
7. Place the ribbon across the top of the triangles.
8. Hot glue the top flap of triangle over the ribbon allowing the ribbon to move through
the folded loop of the triangle.