SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" paper mache letters: L, O, V, E
- Acrylic Craft Paint in color of choice (shown in yellow)
- Lion Brand cotton yarn: 3 - 4 colors of choice
- Hot glue gun
- Knitting needles
1. On a paintable surface, paint the paper mache letters with acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
2. Using first yarn color, tape the starting end of yarn to the back side of first paper mache letter.
3. Wrap letter with yarn 15-20 times for desired width. Cut yarn.
4. On the back of the letter, run a strip of glue from the glue gun across all yarn rows to secure in place.
5. Repeat yarn process in a different location with the other yarn choices. Refer to image for design ideas.
6. Attach knit flower to paper mache letter of choice with hot glue gun. Note: See below for knit flower directions.
Knit Flower Directions:
1. Cast on four stitches.
2. Knit one row.
3. Knit another row, adding a stitch.
4. Knit a row, then knit a second row adding another stitch.
5. Knit one row to end the petal.
6. After completing a petal, begin the next petal by knitting four stitches, then repeat steps 1 through 5.
7. Create a minimum of five petals. The more petals created, the fluffier the flower will be. With needle and thread, sew the petals together at the pointy ends. Use bright yellow thread for the center of the flower.