SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 8"x8" Brights Cardstock stack
- DCWV® 6"x6" Fabric stack
- 12"x12" photo real/wood printed sheet of cardstock
- 8"x8" shadow box
- Modeling paste
- Adhesive alphabet scrabble letters
- Clear acrylic heart embellishment
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory™ craft gelatos
- Luminarte radiant rain (or desired brand of glimmer mist)
- Stencil with assorted shapes
- Mini-stapler with staples
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Craft knife
- Paper trimmer
1. Cut the wood grain paper to 7"x7". Take out the gesso and paintbrush. Wet the paintbrush thoroughly, dip in the gesso, and then flick it on the page to give the wood grain a distressed/splattered look.
2. Following the manufacturers directions, smooth the modeling paste into different sections of the stencil to create shapes for the page. Set this aside to complete the process.
3. Take out a sheet of adhesive fabric paper. Apply various colors of the gelatos as well as the glimmer mist. Once the page has the desired look, cut out a large heart from the middle and set the remaining pieces to the side momentarily.
4. Lay the mesh on top of the heart and spray on additional glimmer mist to give added texture. Set this aside to dry.
5. While the fabric heart is drying, embellish the edges of the acrylic heart with the gesso and paint the tops of the clay shapes from step 2. Select 2 coordinating sheets of cardstock from the Brights stack. Cut one to 7-1/2"x7-1/2". Adhere this to the center of the larger cardstock square.
6. Once the heart is dry and the embellishments are ready, start assembling the display together. Remove the protective backing from the fabric and apply it to the center of the page. Add in the acrylic heart embellishment and clay embellishments. Cut strips from the remaining section of fabric and apply them as desired on the page to balance out the heart in the middle. Adhere the alphabet letters to the center of the fabric heart and spray a layer of glimmer mist on top. Finish with any staples to complete the design.
7. Apply a small amount of adhesive to the back of the page and then insert into the shadow box frame. Press in place.