Love These Heart-Shaped Ice Cream Whoopie Pies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:10-1/2"x15-1/2" Jelly Roll Pan9" Angled SpatulaWhoopie Pie RecipeHeart Whoopie Pie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridWhite Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing &- 4-1/2 lb. TubDecorating Couplers12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip 12Micro Heart SprinklesHeart Cut-Outs Fondant Cutters
- Waxed paper
- Favorite ice cream, softened
- Food-safe scissors
1. Line jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Use spatula to spread softened ice cream in pan 1/2" thick. Allow to chill in freezer 1 hour.
2. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake two whoopie pies for each treat and allow to cool completely.
3. Use tip 12, a cut disposable decorating bag, and decorator icing to outline heart on top of half the whoopie pies. Immediately cover icing with heart sprinkles. Gently shake off excess sprinkles and set whoopie pies aside.
4. Use largest heart cut-out to cut heart shapes. Roll sides of ice cream in hearts sprinkles. Place ice cream on plain whoopie pie, top with decorated whoopie pie.
Tip: For a deliciously decedent Valentine's Day chocolate whoopie pie, use Wilton Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing for the filling and then drizzle with melted Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® candy on top.