Track Order |
My Account |(login)
Shopping Cart: (0)
Be the first to rate this project!
Project courtesy of Cousin Corporation of America
Crafting Time: Varies
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
1. Cut a 24" length of suede or leather cording.
2. Cut a 96" length of thread. Thread the beading needle. Knot the ends.
3. Fold the cording in half. Hold the knotted end of the thread with the fold of cording and tie an overhand knot. Note: The loop of the leather needs to be large enough to fit the final large hole bead through it.
4. Use a clip to hold the knotted end of the bracelet onto a board/work surface. Use additional clips to hold the leather cording down onto other end of the board/work surface.
5. Start threading in a figure eight stitch. Do not add any beads to the bracelet yet. Wrap the thread over the right strand to the outside, then under the right, over the left to the outside, under the left and then over the right. Repeat 6 times. Pull the thread tightly against the cording.
6. Start adding beads into the weaving. Pass the thread under the left cording and add a cracked lime bead. Hold the bead in place between the cords. After threading on the bead, bring the thread over the right and back under the right, through the bead again and over the left. Repeat for each bead, following a pattern of 3 cracked lime beads, then 1 large hole bead, until 19 beads in total have been threaded.
7. Finish the bracelet the same way it was started by weaving the figure eight stitch without beads 6 times.
8. Tie a knot with the cording and thread. Thread the cord through the final large hole bead and bring the cord back down and tie into a knot.
9. Use jump rings to attach the charms along one side of the cord.
MadeiraŽ Embroidery Thread Sampler -- 18 spools
Iris Scrapbooking Cart
HemlineŽ Deluxe Serger Trolleys & Bags
Sign up for e-mail updates.
E-mail Customer Service© 2007-2013 JO-ANN STORES, INC. all rights reserved. JOANN.COM® is a registered trademark of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.