Lucky Shamrock Frame
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd St. Patrick's fabric
- 1/2 yd fabric for cording (option: purchased piping)
- 1/8 yd fabric for shamrock
- 1 yd cording
- 1/2 yd batting
- 5"x7" frame
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Craft glue
- Mat board
- Measure outside of frame and add 11/2" to each measurement. Cut St. Patrick's fabric to measurement.
- Measure frame; cut 2 pieces of batting to measurement. Cut center opening from batting. Glue to frame.
- Place fabric on frame covering batting. Wrap excess to back. Glue edges in place. Remove center portion of fabric leaving enough to bring center edges to back of frame. Clip corners diagonally.
- Make cording by stitching bias strips of fabric together & stitching then in place around cording. Glue to inside of covered frame. Purchased piping can also be used. Alternately, a mat board with a smaller opening can be covered with coordinating fabric and slipped into the frame.
- Measure back of frame. Cut fabric slightly smaller, remove center; glue in place to cover back of frame.
- Cut 2 shamrock pattern pieces. Stitch, right sides together, leaving small opening for turning & stuffing. Turn, stuff & whipstitch opening.
- Glue shamrock on frame.