Lucky Stripes Shimmer Skirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™ Shimmer Lime Fabric Paint
- Tulip® Fabric Paintbrushes™: Flat, 3 pk.
- Butterick® skirt pattern 5285
- Fabrics: solid white and solid green – follow pattern for yardage, purchasing an equal amount of both colors – OR white and green striped fabric
- Zipper in color to match
- Hook-and-eye closure
- Sewing pins
- Fabric marking pencil
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Cardboard cut to fit inside skirt
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
If creating striped fabric:
1. Cut 4½” wide strips of each fabric along the length of fabric. Note: Cut approximately three quarters of each fabric color into strips.
2. Sew strips together to create striped fabric. Press all seams flat. Tip: Press white seams towards green fabric so seams don’t show through.
3. Lay striped fabric out on work surface, aligning stripes when folding. Cut pattern out as directed, making sure to match stripes on skirt front and back. Cut waistband from remaining green fabric.
4. Sew skirt as directed by pattern.
5. Place cardboard piece inside skirt to prevent paint seepage to back side.
6. Use the Tulip® Fabric Paintbrushes™ to lightly brush a coat of Tulip™® Fashion Glitter™ Shimmer Lime Fabric Paint over green stripes. Let dry and add a second coat if necessary.