SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- premo! Sculpey®: Black, Sliver, Pearl
- Sculpey® Super Slicer
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Cloth tape
- Magnetic sheet, very thin
- Quick-drying clear glue
1. Cut 2 pieces of magnetic sheet about 1"x1-1/2". Place the strips clean sides together. Note that the polararity of the magnets might not allow them to rest perfectly straight or aligned. Let them rest together naturally and re-trim the edges straight.
2. Using cloth tape, wrap a strip of tape around one narrow end of the magnets to create the hinge. Note that when the magnets are unfolded, there should be a narrow space between the edges at the hinge.
3. Roll a thin sheet of clay for the background. Cut thin slices of cane designs and create a composition.
4. Roll the cane slices into the background so the surface is smooth. Make sure the overall sheet dimension is slightly larger than the open magnets. Bake the clay sheet according to the manufacturer instructions on the package.
5. Cut the clay sheet in two pieces. With super glue, attach one side. Trim the clay with a scissors close to the magnet edge.
6. Attach the second clay piece and trim. Fold the assemblage and check that the edges are all straight and line up correctly.