Make-a-Face Treat Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yd. Purple pre-quilted fabric
- 1/8 yd. Lime green fleece
- 2/3 yd. 3/4" Black Velcro
- 1/4 yd. HeatnBond Lite
- Thread: purple, lime green, black
- Basic sewing supplies
- Pinking shears
- Sewing machine
- Serger, optional
- Fabri-Tac glue
- Black Sharpie marker
- Red dimensional fabric paint
- 4 Black chenille stems
- 9"x12" Craft foam sheets:
- One each: Red, white, purple, green, yellow, black, blue, pink, coral
- Two: orange
- Cut two 12"x14" pieces of quilted fabric. With right pieces of fabric together, sew or serge the two long sides and one short side. Using sewing machine or serger, finish all edges with zig-zag stitch, including the open edge.
- To hem the top edge, turn under 2" and sew.
- Match up one side seam and the bottom seam on the inside, then make a box corner by sewing across and forming a point. Repeat on other side.
- Cut HeatnBond in half lengthwise and place side by side face down on one end of the wrong side of fleece. Press, cool and peel off paper backing. Fold other end of fleece over and press, fusing the two layers of fleece together. Use the pattern to cut two arms and two feet out of the fused fleece.
- Top stitch around fleece pieces with green thread, staying close to the edge.
- Stitch arms on side of bag at hem edge, making sure hands are facing the same way. Where the hands overlap, sew Velcro to form the bag handle.
- Glue the feet in place on the bottom of the bag.
- Follow patterns (see PDF) to cut craft foam for the face parts.
- Use black marker to detail ears and mouth on one face; red fabric paint to create bloodshot eyes on another face.
- Using pictures for reference, glue face pieces together and allow to dry.
- With hook side down, glue a 1/2" to 3/4" piece of Velcro to bag for locations of eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Glue the loop side of the Velcro, 1/2" to 3/4" in size, to the back of each of the face pieces.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before"playing" with the faces.