Make-A-Wish Fish Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Icing Color: Leaf Green, Lemon Yellow
- Jelly candy slices: orange and red
- Large white gumball
- Small purple spice drops
- Candy-coated chocolate mini dots
- Favorite 2-layer cake recipe or cake mix
- Granulated sugar
- 8"x2" round pan
- 14" cake board
- Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Rolling pin
- Metal spatula
- Paring knife
- Bake your favorite 1-layer cake recipe or mix in round pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Trace round pan on a 14" cake board.
- Draw in top fin and tail against the 8" tracing on the board creating fish shape.
- Cut out the board; wrap with foil.
- Arrange cake on prepared board.
- Combine green and yellow icing colors to tint icing.
- Using spatula, ice top in an up-and-down scallop motion to create a scale effect, then ice sides using the same up and down motion.
- For eye, attach a candy-coated mini chocolate dot to a gumball using a dot of icing; position on cake.
- Cut spice drops horizontally in half. Place on a flat surface sprinkled with granulated sugar and flatten with a rolling pin or your hand.
- Position flattened spice drops on cake top.
- Position red jelly slices for lips.
- Position two orange jelly slices for side fins.
- Position orange slices stacked 3 high on cake board for top and tail fins. Serves 10.