Makers Guide: 3 Geo Wine Totes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yds of 36" felt (for 750 ml bottle)
- 1/3 yd of 36" felt (for 187ml bottle)
- Scraps of felt for appliques
- 1/2 yd Heat n Bond® Lite
- Round shape as a template slightly larger in diameter than the bottom of the bottle
- Basic sewing supplies
- Thread to match felt colors
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Press cloth
- Ball point pen
- Optional: Spray glitter
Directions are for the larger bottle with the smaller bottle directions in parenthesis.
- To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Cut the felt into two 6-1/2"x32" (5"x19") pieces. Adjust the sizes as needed for other bottle shapes.
- Cut Heat n Bond to fit one piece of felt and lightly fuse to the felt. Allow to cool and remove the paper backing.
- Place the second felt piece on the adhesive and fuse the two together using a press cloth.
- Trim the fused felt to 6"x31" (4-1/2"x18").
- Sew around the felt with matching thread 1/8" from the edge.
- Place round template centered about 1-1/2" (1") down from one short end of the fused felt. Draw around and cut out the hole. Sew around the hole 1/8" from the edge.
- Place lightly fuse Heat n Bond® to the back of the scrap felt, draw the design desired on the paper backing and cut out the pieces. Remove the paper backing from the applique pieces, place on the fused felt on the side with the hole, cover with a press cloth and fuse. Sew around the appliques 1/8" from the edge.
- Fold the felt piece in half and sew following the established seam allowance starting 4-1/2" (2-1/2") from the fold up the sides, along the top and down the other side to the 4-1/2" (2-1/2") from the fold.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd10007
Available for U.S. Shipping Only