Man Cave Stool Cushions
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Team fabric of choice
- Cushion (size to match stool)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Tape measure
- Paper & pencil
1. Trace cushion onto paper and add 2" to measurement. Cut out pattern and pink to fabric. Cut out fabric.
2. On wrong side of left over fabric, measure and trace a rectangle that is the full length of the cushion and 4" width. This will be the strip of fabric that tucks under the cushion.
3. Run a base stitch along one long edge of the strip of fabric. Gather the fabric just slightly to enable it to curve when sewn to the circular piece of fabric.
4. Sew the short ends of the strip of fabric right sides together. Press seam.
5. With right sides together, pin both pieces of material together and sew.
6. Measure the outside circumference of the legs of the stool. This will be the measurement to cut the elastic to. Cut elastic and stitch short ends together to create a complete circle.
7. Pin the elastic to the wrong side edge of the cushion cover. Fold edge over and sew. Pull elastic while sewing to create a gathered edge once finish.
8. Turn cushion cover right side out and wrap over cushion. Place on stool.