Maxi Dress with Flared Sleeve
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity® 8084
- 1 yd. extra 54"/60" fabric than stated on pattern
- Paper & pencil
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- All seams are 5/8" unless noted.
- Follow dress pattern instructions but do not cut out the pattern sleeve and reserve the excess fabric for the flared sleeves.
- To make sleeve: Measure the circumference of the armhole plus 2" for ease and draw that circle measurement on the paper. Cut out the circle. Measure out from the circle 12" all around and that forms the outer edge of the sleeve.
- Use the paper pattern to cut out two sleeves.
- Sew the inside circle of the sleeve into the armhole of the dress.
- Hem sleeve with a ½” turn and turn hem.