1/2" Seam Allowance included in pattern.
The measurements below are one quarter of the skirt measurements to be used for drawing the pattern.
There will be 2 measurements for the length, one for the underskirt and one for the overskirt.
Decide how long to make each skirt and add 2" to this measurement to allow for hemming.
To determine the yardage required, take the cutting length of each skirt and double it.
Drawing Chart: Small Medium Large
Waist: 9-1/2" 10-1/2" 11-1/2"
Hips: (9" from waist) 12" 13" 14"
Drawing The Overskirt & Underskirt Pattern
1. Draw a straight line from point A to H the length of the overskirt (measurement desired for length of over skirt).
2. Draw a perpendicular line from point A to Point B, the waist size from the chart.
3. Measure down 1-1/2" from point A to point C. Draw a slightly curved line from point B to point C. This is the waist line.
4. Draw a line 9" down from point C, mark it point D, then a perpendicular line to point E the hip measurement from the chart.
5. From point C measure down the fold line, the cutting size of the underskirt and mark point F (measurement desired for length of underskirt). Draw a perpendicular line across the pattern. This will become point G.
6. Draw a perpendicular line from point H across the paper for the hemline of the overskirt.
7. Using a long ruler or yard stick, draw a line attaching points B, E continuing until it intersects the overskirt hemline. This is the pattern for both skirts.
8. Cut the pattern out and place the pattern on the fold of the fabric. Cut 2 overskirt pieces first and then 2 underskirt pieces.
1. With right sides together stitch the front and back of the underskirt together at the side seams.
2. Pin the right side of the underskirt to the wrong side of the overskirt at the waist matching side seams and having raw edges even. Baste the skirts together.
3. To make the casing, press the upper edges of the skirt 1/4" in towards the inside. Press again 3/4" towards the inside. Stitch close to the lower pressed edge leaving a 2”? opening to insert the elastic through.
4. Measure person's waist and cut a piece of elastic 1" smaller than measurement.
5. Using a safety pin insert the elastic through the casing. Overlap the ends and stitch together. Stitch the opening closed.
6. Press the bottom edge of the underskirt under 1/4", then 1/4"again. Stitch close to inner pressed edge.
7. To narrow hem the overskirt, press the raw edge 1/4" towards inside, then 1/4" again. Stitch close to inner pressed edge.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.