McCall’s 6887 Scalloped Edges
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall’s® 6887
- Yardage for dress and lining as well as notions on pattern envelope
- 1 yd fusible interfacing
- Paper & pencil for drawing scallop
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
All seams are 5/8" unless noted.
- Follow sewing instruction as noted in the instructions except for neckline and hem.
- Make a pattern of front and back neckline, 3" deep. Cut out fusible, press to bodice lining. Cut strips of fusible the length of hemline, 3" high. Press fusible to hem line.
- Create a paper scallop pattern by drawing a straight line, measure a 2" line for the length of scallop. At the center, measure up 1/2" for the height of scallop then rounding to each corner.
- Place bodice and lining right sides together, starting at the center front, mark with a pencil each scallop going to the center back. Sew around each scallop with ¼” seam. Cut into each dip, turn and press.
- Fold hem up, right sides together, mark the scallops on fusible part of hem and sew around each scallop with 1/4" seam. Cutting in to the dip, turn and press. Secure hem with a hem stitch.