Medallions and Garlands Party Table and Wall Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:
- Scoring Board
- Detail Scissors
- Simple Circle Cutter
- 12"x12" Cutting Mat
- Permanent Adhesive Tape Roller 2 Pack
- Dual Temperature Setting Glue Gun & glue sticks
- Paper Trimmer
- Utility Bone Folder
- 14"x 3" Craft Ruler
- Cardstock: 3 pinks, salmon, pale blue, glitter
- Double-sided tape
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut cardstock in 12" strips in a variety of widths from 1" to 4" in salmon, blue & all three pink colors.
2. Align each strip at the top of the scoring board. Score at 1/4" intervals.
3. Accordion-fold each strip.
4. Form into a rosette by gently fanning it out & bringing the ends together. Adhere with double-sided tape.
5. For larger rosettes, attach 2 accordion-folded strips together with double-sided tape.
6. Use the simple circle cutter to cut 1" circles to match color of rosettes. Cut 1-1/2" circles to match color of larger rosettes.
7. With glue gun, apply a generous amount of glue into the center of the rosette. Hold while the glue cools & hardens.
8. Adhere circles cut in step 6 to centers of rosettes.
9. Adhere medallions to wall with foam adhesive as desired.
SMALL CIRCLE & TRIANGLE GARLAND
1. Use simple circle cutter to cut circles in 2 sizes from pink & glitter paper.
2. Alternate circles & adhere to twine to desired length of garland. Attach to wall over the medallions.
3. Cut 2-1/2" blue & pink squares. Cut in the middle to create triangles. Pierce with end of utility bone folder. String each color with needle & thread to create triangle garland. Attach to wall over medallions.
1. Cut pink paper triangles into pennant shape using the trimmer.
2. Sew with sewing machine at top to create pennant style banner. Hang under medallions.
1. Score 12"x12" sheets of paper in one of the pink colors at 1-1/2", 4-1/2", 7-1/2" & 10-1/2".
2. Cut at 3", 6" & 9".
3. Cut & score enough sheets of paper for garlands to fit length of table, Layer 2 cut strips together & run through the sewing machine to make a finished length of garland. Repeat for second garland.
4. Cut out more circles with circle cutter as in steps 1 & 2 for the Circle Garlands. Make small medallions as in step 1 of Medallion directions.
5. String circles & medallions onto twine. Hang on front of table.