Mega Sleeve Embellishments
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Button-up shirt to upcyle
- 2 packages of Stick and Peel Velcro®
- Beads & gems
- Tacky glue
- 1/6 yd. of fabric to match shirt color
1. Cutting: Measure around cuff to determine length of velcro and matching fabric Ex: Velcro: Rough Side Cut Two 9-1/4” x 2" Velcro Soft Side Cut Two 9-3/4” x 2" Fabric Cut 2 9-1/4” x 2".
2. Fold Rough side of Velcro in half, so it is 2" in width and cut length wise direction. Place glue side down 1/16" away from button edge and firmly press. Place second piece of velcro glue side down 1/16" away from button holes and firmly press. Repeat on other cuff.
3. Fold soft side of Velcro in half, so it is 2" in width and cut length wise direction. Overlap raw edges 1/4" and press firmly to make velcro strip one piece. Firmly place glue side down on wrong side of matching fabric. Repeat on other cuff.
4. Place a small dab of glue on back side of gem and beads and firmly place onto fabric side of velcro strip. Repeat this process until fabric side is completely covered in desired bead design and let dry completely before sticking Velcro® together. Repeat on other Velcro® fabric cuff.
Embellished piece removes from shirt to make for an easier laundry experience.