SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plastic little girls crown
- Beads chains, big shells, small shells, pipe cleaners, wide white lace, glitter gemstones, seaweed in the color palette of choice
- E6000 glue
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Cutting surface
- Metal straight edge-ruler
- Small clamps (2)
- X-Acto® knife
- ALL CROWNS- Put the headband and little girls crown together at the bases and slide the little girl crown forward, making the bands about 1-1/2" apart. This will be the front band, to which the majority of beads and shells will be applied.
- Place a large dab of E6000 glue where the ends of the headband and crown meet, with the crown in the front. Place the clamps on top to secure them. Allow them to dry overnight.
- Sparingly, glue on the base materials such as the lace, moss, etc.
- The crown may be designed with a big shell in the center or off to one side, or with a row of same size shells across the band.
- The big centerpiece shell or cluster will be placed last, so leave room for it to fit.
- Using the glue and hot glue at the same time, place the shells or embellishments around the crest of the crown, tapering the shells to the ends of the crown by using the smaller shells and beads.
- Build up the surface with shells and beads on the crown, with more of the important shells and beads towards the center of the design.
- When the front of the crown has been finished, apply E6000 glue to the back headband and sprinkle it with smaller beads to give the overall crown a finished complete look.
- Allow everything to dry overnight before using the crown.