Merry Metallic Ornaments
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Glass bulb ornaments
- Sharpie Metallic silver paint marker, medium point
- Various gems from"Putting on the Glitz" Jewelry Box Kit
- Super Glue adhesive
- Ribbons in coordinating colors
- Small jars, paper cups
- Small jars, paper bathroom cups, etc. are used to keep the ornaments stable when drying and prevent the painted design from smearing.
- Hold the ornament carefully and create the main design with a paint marker. Set the ornament down on jar or cup. Let the paint dry, then continue the design on another part of the ornament.
- Using Super Glue, attach gems to the ornaments as desired. Decorate the cap of the ornament with gems for a finished look. Tie on decorative ribbons and hangers.
DECORATIVE TIPS & TECHNIQUES:
- Spirals with a gem at the center
- Circles with a gem at the center
- Spiraling horizontal lines with gems placed randomly
- Name, monogram, date
- Simple drawing or symbol