Mesh Flower Arrangement
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Design It:®
- Dry Foam, 2-5/8? x 3-1/2? x 7-7/8? Brick
- SimpleStyle® Decorative Mesh, 6? wide, 5 yds., Hot Pink
- Foam Cutter
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Floral Tape
- Floral Picks, 6? length
- 14-1/2? long dark brown wood bowl
- Fifteen Salal leaf stems
- Four Springerii bushes
- Glue gun & glue sticks
1. Position and hot glue Brick into bottom of wood bowl. Use wire cutter to cut apart and separate stems from Springerii bush, leaving stems as long as possible. Starting in center of bowl, insert Springerii stems into foam. Continue inserting stems so that they go down the center, the full length of the bowl. Then insert the Salal leaf stems between Springerii stems and edge of bowl, at an angle so that leaves completely fill in that area.
2. To make mesh flowers, use floral shears to cut ten 18? lengths decorative mesh. Horizontally place one mesh length on table. Fold upper left corner down and from that end tightly roll mesh for a couple of wraps. Still pinching bottom, continue rolling tightly at bottom but more loosely at the top to create the appearance of flower petals. Secure bottom with wire from floral pick. Shape to tighten or loosen as needed.
3. Set gathered area of mesh flower against floral pick and use floral tape to cover bound area as follows: Starting at top, press end of tape (feeding off roll) slightly above top of pick and stretch tape while wrapping it around, capturing both flower and pick. Continue tightly wrapping and overlapping each tape wrap, by turning flower and working down what is now the flower stem. At the end, tear away roll of tape.
4. Repeat to make a total of ten mesh flowers.
5. Randomly, but evenly distribute mesh flowers throughout Springerii, pushing stems down into foam in bowl. Adjust mesh flowers to be viewed from both sides of bowl.