SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Small black tin pail
- 14" length of 3/16" ribbon
- 12"x12" cardstock: 2 solid colors
- Acid-free metallic marker
- 12-15 paper or fabric flowers
- Craft knife or paper trimmer
- Foam tape
- Double-sided tape
- Corner rounder: optional
1. Cut two 1"x12" strips from one sheet of cardstock. Set one strip aside.
2. Wrap one strip around the pail, with ends meeting at the center. Adhere with double-sided tape.
3. Center & wrap a 12" ribbon around the pail, on top of the paper strip. Adhere with double-sided tape.
4. Measure & cut a 2Â½"x2" cardstock rectangle. Measure & cut a 3"x2Â½" rectangle from the second color of cardstock. Adhere the small rectangle on top of larger one with double-sided tape.
5. Use the metallic marker to write message or table number on the small square.
6. Select the second strip of cardstock cut in Step one. Cut into two 1"x6" sections. Cut triangles from one end of each strip to create a dovetail.
7. Trim 2" strips of ribbon. Adhere to the center of each dovetail strip. Adhere dovetail strips to the back of the layered cardstock rectangles, like an award ribbon, with the dovetails pointing down.
8. Adhere the ribbon accent to the pail to cover the seam of the paper & ribbon strips. Use foam tape for dimension.
9. Flower accents: Layer two or three flowers. Mix & match materials in the designs. Secure with a brad through each center. Flare the ends of the brads to secure. Adhere flower accents to the pail with foam tape. Add smaller flowers to the cardstock rectangles on the ribbon.