SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow®:
11"x14" rectangle plaque
Creative Metal® Beginner Kit: Texture tool, rollers, handle, scissors, points
Metal squares: Red, Dark Blue, Pink, Green, Gold, Fuchsia, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange
Design Sheets and Borders
- Fine sandpaper
- Foam brush
- Paper towel
- Sanding block
- Spray varnish
- Wood stain
1. To prepare wood for staining, use fine sandpaper to lightly sand wood surface. Remove dust with paper towel.
2. Use foam brush to apply stain to wood. Remove excess with paper towel. Allow to dry.
3. Apply 2-3 coats of spray varnish. Allow to dry.
4. Choose metal squares. Cut nine 2&quo
t; squares. Place a metal square on design sheet or border. Tape in place.
5. Use texture tool to emboss design. Remove metal from design sheet.
6. Use rollers to create design around edge of square. Attach roller to handle. Place metal on foam mat. Use
roller to decorate edge of metal. When complete, place square on flat surface and gently rub sanding block
over design, removing color from embossed areas.
7. Designs can also be made with points. Attach point to handle. Lay metal, colored side down, on foam mat.
Create doodles, designs & trace stencils. Place square on flat surface. Gently rub sanding block over design, removing color from embossed areas.
8. Attach squares to plaque with metal tape. Cut tape strips to fit back of squares. Press sticky side of tape to square. Remove protective backing and press onto plaque. Continue until all squares are attached.