SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow®:
3 Piece Clock Kit
Creative Metal® Beginner Kit: nylon detailer, texture tool, rollers
Pink Metal Squares
Design Squares, D
- MinWax® Pre-Stain Conditioner and Wood Stain, rosewood
- 12"x12" decorative paper
- Brown and green cardstock
- 3/8" drill bit & drill
- Foam brush
- Paper glue
- Paper towels
- Fine sandpaper
- Decorative-edge scissors
DIRECTIONS: Items used below, but not listed in supplies, are included in Beginner Kit.
1. Use pencil & ruler to find center of oval plaque. Drill hole for clock movement.
2. Following instructions on packaging, apply Pre-Stain Conditioner on the plaque with foam brush. When dry, sand lightly. Cut decorative paper to fit top of plaque. Cut four 2" brown cardstock squares. Use decorative scissors to cut eight 1 1/4" brown cardstock squares, eight 3/4" green cardstock squares.
3. Use decorative scissors to cut five 1 1/2" pink metal squares. Attach nylon detailer to handle. With pink side down, doodle a design on the back of each square. Attach any medium roller to handle. Roll border on back of each square's edges. Turn squares over; sand lightly to remove pink color on raised embossed areas.
4. Refer to photo for placement of paper and metal. Adhere all paper with paper glue. Adhere metal with metal tape. Cut tape to fit on back of each square; press in place. Remove backing from tape & press metal on brown cardstock square. Attach numbers, clock movement and hands following directions on back of packaging.