Metallic Chevron Necklace with Tassel
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Black Nickel Chain, small and medium
- 6mm Iridescent glass round facetted beads
- Iridescent Rectangle beads
- Black Nickel Eyepins
- Black Nickel Headpins
- Black Nickel Lobster Clasp
- Black Nickel Jump Ring
1. Cut two segments of medium chain, 14" each. Connect a jump ring and lobster clasp to the end of one segment. Clasp the lobster clasp to the end of the other segment.
2. To create the focal, string 4 rectangle beads onto an eyepin and form a loop to create a rectangle connector. Repeat to create 16 total rectangle connectors.
3. String 6 round facetted beads onto an eyepin and form a loop to create a facetted connector. Repeat to create 12 total facetted connectors.
4. Create a tassel by cutting twelve 2" lengths of small chain and stringing them all onto a jump ring.
5. Create three dangles by sliding one facetted round bead onto a headpin and forming a simple loop.
6. Cut one additional segment of medium chain that is 4" long.
7. Begin to connect the connectors from steps 2 and 3 to the open ends of one side of the necklace, by opening and closing the end loop like a jump ring. Using the picture a guide, connect one end of these connector to the necklace part and one each to the 4" segment of chain from Step 6.
8. Repeat on the other side to connect those connector as well, creating a chevron shape.
9. Connect the dangles and tassel to the center of the necklace with a jump ring.