1. Cut the 4&and 5&balls in half. Use the metal spoon to scoop out each half ball to create four hollow half balls. Scoop the ball out evenly to achieve a 3/8&thick shell.
2. Completely coat the half balls with modeling paste. Modeling paste can be applied to foam a couple of different ways: with a spatula or with a flat paintbrush. Be sure to mix the material before using. When using a spatula, apply a small amount of the modeling paste to the foam and spread it out evenly in all directions, working it into the cells of the foam. If using a paintbrush, load material onto the brush and spread it onto the foam smoothing out the lumps. Allow to dry. Sand each half ball for a super smooth finish.
3. Paint a 5&half ball and a 4&half ball with copper acrylic paint and the other two halves with bronze. Use the stencil sponge to create the spots on the mushrooms in opposite colors as shown. Allow to dry.
4. Cut a 36&length of burlap. Cut the burlap lengthwise into three strips about 1-1/2&wide. Glue one end of one strip to the bottom of a 9&cone. Begin wrapping and overlapping the burlap around the cone. Glue the end where it stops. Glue the next strip in place and continue wrapping to completely cover the cone. Repeat to cover the 6&cone with burlap.
5. Cut the top 4&off the remaining 9&cone (this is the smallest mushroom’s stem). Cut 1&off the bottom of the remaining 5&of the cone. Cover both of the stems by wrapping them with wired sisal rope, securing the ends in place with glue.
6. Glue each mushroom top to the cone base with low-temp glue.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>