Metallic Trim Belt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. Simplicity®/MD 1 1/4" woven metallic band trim
- 1 yd. Simplicity®/MD 3/8" metallic braid trim
- 1/2 yd. Simplicity®/MD 1 1/8" stretch netting trim
- 2 sets of small snaps
- Sewing machine & matching thread
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut a length of metallic band trim 4" shorter than your waist measurement. Cut a length of metallic braid trim the same length.
2. Position metallic braid trim directly down the center of metallic band trim and pin in place (with wrong side of braid touching right side of band).
3. Stitch in place by sewing a straight stitch down the center of the metallic braid trim.
4. Cut two 3-1/2" lengths of stretch netting trim. Fold each length in half and stitch together, staying as close to long edges as possible.
5. Fold under short edges of belt 1/4" and place stretch netting against wrong side of belt, having one short end 1/2” past belt edges. Pin in place.
6. Stitch short edges of belt twice (following first stitch line) in order to reinforce belt. Do this for both sides.
7. Using the needle, sew two snaps on to loose ends of stretch netting trim.