Milk Carton Birdhouses
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Milk cartons
- Scissors, craft knife
- Craft stick or small twig
- Nesting material
- Hole punch
- String or wire
- Duck brand duct tape: choice of colors
- Draw an opening in the shape of a house with a peaked roof on the front of the milk carton. Leave room at the bottom of the house for seed storage.
- Use scissors to cut out the opening.
- Use the peak of the roof cutout as a center point. Fold the piece of milk carton in half lengthwise. Make a 1/2" cut from the point of the peak down the center fold. Fold up1/2" flap on either side of the cut.
- Attach a length of duct tape to each flap.
- Stick the roof piece to the top of the opening. Press each flap against the milk carton until the tape is secure.
- Cut a slit in the carton for the perch Insert a craft stick or twig. Push the perch all the way through and outthrough an additional slit in the back wall of the carton to secure.
- Decorate birdhouse with Duck tape. It's easy to work with smaller pieces.
- Punch a hole through the top line of the carton.
- Thread string or wire through hole to make a hanger.
- Fill the bottom of the bird house with nesting material.
- Hang the bird house from a tree branch near a window.