Mini Croquet Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden box with latch
- Wooden dowels
- Wooden spools
- Wooden balls
- Greenery floral pins
- Acrylic paint
- Matte or high gloss sealer
- Gold leaf pins or gold Sharpies&™ (for accent marks)
- Wood glue
- Wood filler or putty
- Green felt
- Green clay
- Sandpaper (optional)
1. Paint the wooden box, allow to dry and seal.
2. Drill a small hole on one side of the wooden spool (for the dowel to go through).
3. Cut the dowel to desired length/height.
4. Place some wood glue inside the spool and slip the dowels in the hole and allow to dry (be sure NOT to drill a hole all the way through the spool, only to the middle).
5. Fill the open holes on the sides of the spools and balls, with the wood filler or putty. Allow to dry (sand if needed).
6. Paint the balls, spools and dowels, allow them to dry and seal.
7. Using the gold leaf pen or gold Sharpie&™, draw lines around the center of the balls. Highlight the edges of the spools and dowels.
8. Using the greenery floral pins, place some clay at the bottom to hold the pins upright.
9. Cut a square, rectangle or circle of felt for the playing area.