Mini Fluted Cakes with Pastel Colors
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Royal Icing Mix
- Icing Colors: Lemon Yellow*, Golden Yellow*, Rose
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tips: 5, 2D (2 needed)
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- 12-Cavity Mini Fluted Pan
- 14.5"x20" Cooling Grid
- Colored Sugar: Yellow, Pink
- Food-safe scissors
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
- Make royal icing flowers 1 day in advance. Prepare royal icing according to mix directions. Tint portion yellow and light rose. Reserve a small amount white. Use tip 2D, cut disposable decorating bags and tinted icing to pipe drop flowers on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Use tip 5 and reserved white icing to pipe dot flower center. Allow flowers to dry overnight. Reserve remaining tinted icing.
- Make fluted cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake mini fluted cakes and allow to cool.
- Decorate mini fluted cake. Thin reserved tinted icing following recipe directions, but only using 2 teaspoons water for each ½ cup of icing. Use thinned tinted icing in cut disposable decorating bags to drizzle icing on tops of mini fluted cakes. Immediately sprinkle colored sugar. Allow icing to set, about 20 to 30 minutes. Attach drop flower with dot of icing.
Project Tip: Give these mini fluted cakes more pops of color by sprinkling with any of Wilton Sprinkles.