Mini Jack-O-Lantern Cakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Foodcrafting supplies
- 24-Cavity Silicone Pumpkin Patch Mold
- 14-1/2"x20" Cooling Grid
- Bright White Candy Melts Candy (two 12-oz. bags needed)
- Parchment Paper
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Garden 4 Color Candy Set (black used)
- 4 Color Candy Set (orange and yellow used)
- 10"x14" Cake Board
- 9" Angled Spatula
- Favorite cake mix or recipe
- Bake cakes. Bake and cool following package directions.
- Cover cakes. Melt 14-oz. bright white Candy Melts candy. Tint orange. Place cakes on cooling grid over parchment paper. Place orange melted candy in decorating bag. Cut tip off bag and pipe melted candy over cakes. Tap grid to smooth candy. Use a spatula to move cakes to parchment-covered cake board. Chill to set, about 15 minutes.
- Decorate cakes. Melt 4-oz. bright white Candy Melts candy. Divide in four portions. Tint black, orange and yellow, reserve one portion white. Place colors in separate decorating bags. Cut tip off bag with black candy. Pipe stems, eyes and mouths. Chill to set, about 5-10 minutes.
- Decorate candy corn teeth. Remelt candy in bags if needed. Cut tips off bags with yellow, orange and white melted candy. Begin at top of mouth and pipe yellow, orange and then white sections. Tap gently to smooth colors. Chill to set, about 5-10 minutes.