Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing. All seams are 1/4” unless otherwise indicated. RST = Right Sides Together
1. To create Templates, draw one 8"x9" rectangle (A) and one 9"x10" rectangle (B) with 2-1/2" squares notched out of all corners.
2. Trace Template A onto Peltex® and cut out.
3. Fuse Shape-Flex® rectangles to the wrong side of interior and exterior rectangles.
4. Trace Template B onto Shape-Flex® and cut out.
5. Place interior and exterior rectangles RST and sew around all sides leaving a 3" gap on one side for turning.
6. Clip interior and exterior corners and turn right side out through the opening. Carefully push out all corners. Fold seam allowance in at opening and press.
7. Insert Peltex® through opening. (Hint: May take some wiggling to get it into place.) Press.
8. Pin opening closed, making sure that the Peltex® is contained within the opening seam allowance.
9. Topstitch around all sides just in from the edge. Add decorative seams as desired.
10. Remove the non-gridded backing from the sheet of EZ-Steam® II and finger press the sticky side to the wrong side of the appliqué/handle fabric. Press gridded backing with a hot dry iron.
11. Draw appliqué designs onto gridded backing and cut out. Set remaining piece aside for handle construction.
12. Remove gridded backing and finger press sticky side to the exterior basket fabric. Add and reposition appliqué pieces until desired design is complete. Fuse.
13. Fold all four ends in to form rectangular basket shape and finger press seams (HINT: press with iron for a crisper edge.)
14. Pinch two sides together and sew along the top corner to secure. Repeat for all four sides.
15. Cut leather strip to desired width. Trace onto the gridded backing of the remaining piece of EZ-Steam® II. Cut out.
16. Remove the gridded backing and finger press the sticky side to the wrong side of the leather. Fuse.
17. Place opposite ends of the leather handle just in from the edge of the short ends of the basket. Stitch to secure.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>