Mini Pumpkin Roll Logs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Favorite pumpkin roll recipe & ingredients
- Favorite cream cheese filling recipe & ingredients
- Wilton mini roll pan
- Parchment paper
- 12oz package of Wilton® Candy Melts®: dark cocoa
- Cooling grid
- Cookie sheet
- Vegetable oil
- Nutella® or cocoa
- Basic cooking supplies
Makes approximately 8 logs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare pumpkin roll according to recipe.
3. Grease mini roll pan.
4. Pour batter in mini roll pan, fill to just under half full, spread or tap pan on counter to fill cavity.
5. Bake 5-7 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from pan one at a time and trim off “crust” and immediately roll cake in parchment paper from short side. Allow cakes to cool.
7. While cakes are cooling, prepare filling according to recipe directions.
8. Add Nutella® or cocoa to filling until a light brown color is achieved.
9. Unroll cooled cakes and fill, reroll tightly. Place cakes in refrigerator or freezer.
10. Melt Wilton® Candy Melts® according to package directions; mix in 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
11. Place cakes on cooling grid, place cookie sheet under cooling grid.
12. Spoon melted candy melts over cakes spreading evenly on top and sides. Leave ends unglazed.
13. Run a fork across glaze to create bark look. It may be necessary to allow glaze cool slightly before this step, test a small area first.
14. Place cakes in freezer or refrigerator until set.
15. Trim ends to reveal spiral.