Mini Tree Place Card Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One 1-1/2" diameter flower pot
- 5" Square sheer fabric, silver
- 12" of 1/8" Silver ribbon
- One 1-1/2" Styrofoam ball
- 6" Dowel, 3/16" diameter
- Seven 12"x9mm chenille stems, silver
- One 8mm silver bead
- 5 "donut" beads: red, turquoise, gold
- Five 6mm cube glass beads, blue
- 4 Large clear seed beads (supplied with string of "donut" beads)
- 5 Silver Dangle charms
- 9 Silver headpins
- Cardstock: red, turquoise, gold
- Weights: small stones, pennies or washers
- Tacky glue
- Spray paint: gray primer, metallic silver
- Round-nose pliers with spring
- Wire cutters
- Tag punch (optional)
- Hole punch
- Silver pen/marker
- Spray the flower pot with primer and silver paint (inside and outside), allow to dry.
- Glue 6" dowel into Styrofoam ball. When dry, wrap dowel with 2-3 chenille stems.
- Cut 2 chenille stems into 8" and 4" lengths. Cut 2 more in half. To create tree branches, wrap an 8" length around the (already wrapped) dowel, near the ball. Twist to secure. Repeat with the second 8" length. Arrange them to face in 4 directions. About an inch higher on the tree, wrap two 6" lengths, twist and arrange. Repeat one inch higher on the trunk with the remaining two 6" lengths. Make the top branches by wrapping the two 4" chenille stems near the end of the dowel. Trim the chenille stems into a tree shape, using wire cutters.
- Wrap the tree's Styrofoam ball in the sheer silver fabric and tie with the 12" ribbon. Place weights into flower pot and glue covered Styrofoam ball into the flower pot, over the weights.
- String 5 cube blue beads onto headpins. Curve the ends of the headpins into coils, using the pliers. Slide the coils onto the chenille stem branches. String a large clear seed bead and then a "donut" bead on a headpin. Curve the ends into a coil with pliers, and slide onto a chenille stem branch. Repeat for 4 donut beads total. Slip the fifth donut bead over the chenille stem at the top of the tree. Glue a round silver bead above the donut bead. Slide 5 silver dangle charms on more tree branches.
- Personalize the three tags with a name or greeting, and outline the tags in silver pen. Slide the tags onto the ribbon, leaving some space between them. Gracefully curl ribbon tails.