Miniature Christmas Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Americana® Acrylics:
- Snow (Titanium) White
- Desert Turquoise
- Holly Green
- Lamp (Ebony) Black
- Honey Brown
- Santa Red
- Wooden box with drawers
- Miniature easel and canvas
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- #2 round brush
- #2 liner brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- 1/8" flat brush
Note: Allow to dry completely between painting steps.
1. Paint legs of easel and side of box with 1/4"" flat brush and Lamp Black.
2. Using #2 liner brush, paint front bar of easel with Holly Green and Snow White triangles.
3. Paint front of drawer with the #2 round brush and Santa Red.
4. With #2 round brush, paint bottom section of box and edge of top Holly Green.
5. To print the patterns, click on the ""Download Project PDF"" button (above).
6. Use pattern and tracing and transfer paper to transfer circle to canvas and rectangle to top of box. Fill in circle with 1:1 mixture of Desert Turquoise and Snow White using #2 round brush.
7. Transfer wavy snow line onto the rectangle. Fill sky in with Desert Turquoise/Snow White mixture and fill in snow with Snow White using #2 round brush. Paint all but circle part of canvas with #2 round brush and Santa Red. Paint outside of rectangle on box top, Santa Red.
8. Transfer drawing of scallops around circle and rectangle. Fill in scallop with #2 liner brush and Lamp Black.
9. Using ?” flat brush, paint checkerboard pattern with Snow White around top of box.
10. Transfer tree shapes and fill them in with Snow White using #2 round brush.
11. Using #2 round brush, add random polka dots on front of drawer in Snow White. With Lamp Black and #2 round brush, paint knob.
12. Transfer rest of details to canvas and wooden box. Fill them in using #2 round brush for canvas tree and #2 liner brush for everything else: tree trunks, Honey Brown; stars, Santa Red; canvas tree dots, Holly Green and Santa Red; and top of box dots, Desert Turquoise/Snow White mixture.
13. Paint scallops on tree in Santa Red.
14. Make some snow dots in the sky with Snow White.
15. Outline trees with Lamp Black and #2 liner brush.