Mixed Media Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12"x12" canvas
- Mod Podge®
- Liquitex® light blue violet paint
- Extra-fine glitter
- Green buttons
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 2 paintbrushes
- Water & water basin
- Protected work surface
1. Create a 2" grid on the front of canvas. Mark a dot every 2" around the perimeter of the canvas. Complete grid by marking dots every 2" from the top and left edges.
2. Starting from the left top corner of the canvas, make diagonal lines, connecting the dots, so that a chevron pattern is formed. Extend lines on the side of the canvas as well.
3. Paint every other chevron with light blue violet paint. Allow to dry.
4. Apply Mod Podge® onto blank chevrons. Sprinkle glitter on top of the Mod Podge®. Dust off excess glitter. Allow to dry.
5. In the center of the canvas, lightly draw a letter with a pencil.
6. Hot glue the buttons onto the canvas. Layer and stack the buttons for a dimensional effect. If using two different colors of buttons, fade one color into the other.