SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" x 12" pink cardstock; cut to 5-1/8"x7" card
- White cardstock, 5" x 6-3/4"
- Pink checked, size after scalloping edges: 4-3/4" x 6-5/8"
- Pink swirls, size after scalloping edge: 2-3/4" x 5/8"
- Yellow swirls, size after scalloping edge: 1-1/2" x 1/2"
- Black and White stripes, size after scalloping edge: 3-1/2" x 3/4"
- Black and White stripes (pedestal)
- Pink circles, 4" x 6" (with pinked edge)
- Pink floral, 3-1/4" x 1-1/2"
- Yellow dots, 2-1/2" x 1-1/4"
- Pink dashes, 1-1/4" x 1"
- Flower – circles from 3 pink fabrics, above
- Lace, scrap
- Black brad
- Printed sentiment
- Paper trimmer
- Glue stick
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Lightly glue pink circles fabric to pink checked paper. Stitch together with yellow zigzag stitch.
2. Glue this panel to white cardstock. Straight stitch in yellow.
3. Draw a pedestal platform onto black and white stipe paper, cut out and glue to card, refer to photo for placement. Lightly glue all the fabric and paper layers to create the cake. Straight stitch across the top of each layer; zigzag along the lace.
4. Change the thread in the machine to black, and stitch around the entire panel twice. Lightly glue panel to the pink card and stitch with black for a third time.
5. Print the “celebrate" sentiment, trim edges and glue to bookplate. Distress the three circles, stack them, and poke a hole in the middle. Insert the black brad through the flower center and the left hole of the bookplate. Tie or loop some yellow threads through the remaining bookplate hole. Glue the bookplate to the card.
6. Cut a small Black and White candle and glue to the top of the cake; attach gem.