Mixed Media Hanging Lantern
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ball® Wide Mouth Quart Jar
- Ball® 16 oz. or size of choice Quilted Jelly Jar
- Loew-Cornell® TransformMason® Decoupage Paste
- Loew-Cornell® TransformMason® Wide Mouth Wire Handle
- 2-3 translucent glass enamel paints
- Sponge brush
- Decorative papers
- Stamps, rubber stamps, stamp pads, stones, wire & any desired embellishments
- Clear, acrylic craft spray finish
- Black fine tip permanent marker
- 2-1/2" flameless candle
1. Slightly dampen decorative papers so they tear easily with irregular edges.
2. While the paper is still moist and workable, shape to the bottom of the Wide Mouth Jar.
3. Apply generous coating of decoupage paste, leaving texture and ridges with paste.
4. Once the paste is dry, use rubber stamps, postage stamps, or any embellishment desired.
5. Drizzle two to three colors of translucent paint over design. Allow to dry.
6. Use black marker to add further embellishment as needed.
7. Lightly coat the outside of the jar with clear acrylic craft spray. Allo to dry and repeat.
8. Add Approx.ly 1” of sand to the bottom of the wide mouth jar.
9. Follow directions on the Wide Mouth Wire Handel to attach handle to jar.
10. Place flameless candle into the 16 oz. Jelly Jar and place that jar onto the sand based, Wide Mouth Lantern.